#Dailymail ran an article a couple of years ago that stated “up to 20% of Hollywood’s leading men use PED’s [performance enhancing drugs].
Check it out for yourself:
But as everyone who works out regularly knows, the number is more like 90%, with the remaining 10% losing out to actors with “better hairlines,” which would be irrelevant had they taken the damn drugs.
Articles and website abound touting the merits of “hard work and diet” in achieving a preternatural physique.
“Yes, even you Mr. 60-year-old can look better than you did back in college with the right lifestyle choices!”
I guess no one bothered to mention the fact that eternal and youth aren’t synonymous under any circumstances.
However, if a man wants to look like the two guys in the above photograph who are well over 60 [source: Facebook’s “fitmenover50” page], steroids are the only way to achieve it.
I know you don’t want to hear this.
I also know you resent having to use facial fillers, take 300 vitamins every morning to supplement whatever time is stealing in your sleep, and avoiding anything that tastes good.
This is life in the absence of steroids.
You want a perfect physique?
You want to have a slice of pizza from time to time?
You want to train at half the intensity, half the time?
You have to take the drugs!
If not, join the mortal brigade and feel good about the fact that it’s all you.
But you won’t find yourself landing on these pages…
See, in order to get press, you have to be extraordinary.
But in the the context of fitness, extraordinary isn’t enough unless you look extraordinary, which no one who undergoes regular drug tests can achieve.
Am I getting through here?
All these self-righteous pricks who tell you they have all the dense muscle and low bodyfat by the grace of god are completely full of shit – or steroids, as the case may be.
Thick, sculpted muscle fiber combined with extremely low bodyfat on a “fit over 50” man is the very definition of S T E R O I D S.
Hell, it’s tough for a 25-year-old guy to build that kind of physique.
The reason for that is that IT’S NOT HUMANLY POSSIBLE WITHOUT DRUGS!
EVERY SINGLE SOLITARY BODYBUILDER I HAVE EVER KNOWN AND/OR PHOTOGRAPHED WAS A STEROID JUNKIE, MOST OF THEM IN DENIAL.
Like we’re idiots?
Since when did mankind evolve into super beings that don’t even remotely resemble anatomy charts?
The only “human anatomies” people reference these days can be found in department stores that sell Under Armour apparel, which uses flawlessly sculpted “giants” to sell their products.
But they are M A N N E Q U I N S!
And while some elite, and ridiculously genetically blessed, professional athletes look a lot like this, it doesn’t last long.
In the context of things human, it’s a way to sell clothing, websites…press, in general.
As we’ve all come to learn, reality is a buzzkill.
So we’ve replaced it with something more interesting – no matter what the side-effects, both physically and psychologically.
But hey, ya’ only live once, so why not?
Better to burn out than fade away.
Note: Lest you think that men are the sole users of steroids, check this out:
For those of you who are interested, the following article highlights the most popular steroids among older men:
On a final note, there’s the Anderson Cooper story, which has caught fire like everything else that involves cheating fate:
But as one commenter stated: “At 65+ you’re looking at balancing the improved quality of life with HGH vs a longer life with less quality.”
This is becoming a mantra that pretty much says it all.
Throw the bones.